TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Effective June 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BETWEEN
YOU AND DR. SCHAR USA, INC., AND ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT
LIMITATION, DR. SCHAR USA, Inc and DR. SCHAR USA, Inc's brand "Schar"
("COMPANY," "WE" OR "US") CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, ALONG
"THE AGREEMENT" BETWEEN US RESPECTING YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE (THE "SITE") AND
OUR PROVISION OF THE SITE FOR YOUR USE (THE "SERVICES"). The SERVICES ARE
PROVIDED BY OR on behalf of COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, successors, LICENSORS,
VENDORS, SUPPLIERS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DR. DR.
SCHAR USA, Inc.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS: These
and the Acceptable Use Policy) constitute an agreement between
you and COMPANY, and it governs your use of the SITE and SERVICES (the
"Agreement"). For purposes of the Agreement, "PERSONAL INFORMATION" includes
your name, user ID and password, postal address, e-mail address, telephone or
other contact information, order history, shopping cart information, credit
card, PayPal or other payment information, any comments, metadata, content, data
and any other forms of information relating to you that is submitted to or
received by COMPANY, regardless of whether such information is posted publicly.
Each time that you access or use the SERVICE, you indicate your acceptance and agreement, and the acceptance and agreement of any person that you represent (and for purposes of the Agreement, "person" includes any type of incorporated or unincorporated entity), without limitation or qualification, to be bound by the Agreement, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to agree to and accept the Agreement on behalf of yourself and any person you represent. If you do not agree with each provision of the Agreement, or if you are not authorized to agree to and accept the Agreement, or you do not have the legal authority to agree to and accept the Agreement, then you may not use the SERVICE.
Your use of or participation in certain SITE or SERVICE features, functionality or programs (including, without limitation, any product promotions or special offers made available on or through the SITE) may be subject to additional terms and conditions ("Special Rules") and before you use, take advantage of, or participate in any such features, functionality or other programs you may be required to indicate your acceptance of such additional Special Rules. Irrespective of whether you are specifically asked to indicate your acceptance, all Special Rules are incorporated into the Agreement as if fully set forth herein.
CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT: COMPANY
may, in its sole discretion, alter, supplement or amend the Agreement from time
to time as it relates to your future access or use of the SERVICE, for any
reason, and without any prior notice to you or any other person. If you do not
agree to the terms of the Agreement as existing at any given time, and/or if you
do not agree with the terms of any given change, then you should not use the
AUTHORIZED USERS: The SERVICE may be used only by individuals who have reached the age of majority or legal age in their jurisdictions; and only by those who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. You must be 18 years or older to use this SITE. The SERVICE may not be used by individuals who have had their access terminated, nor may it be used by individuals in jurisdictions where the SERVICE, or any part of it, may be illegal. It is solely your responsibility to determine whether your use of the SERVICE is lawful, and you must comply with all laws applicable in your jurisdiction, including export restrictions. COMPANY reserves the right to limit the availability of the SITE and SERVICE and/or the provision of any SERVICE, feature, program, or products described herein to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we so desire, at any time and in our sole discretion, including without limitation to limit the quantities of the products that COMPANY offers or provides. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
MEDICAL ADVICE IS SPECIFICALLY NOT INTENDED
Specific medical questions should be directed to your personal physician who can address your medical concerns on an individual basis. While any product information on the SITE was prepared to provide helpful information regarding topics related to general and specific health issues, the information contained in the SITE is made available with the express understanding that neither the COMPANY, its affiliates, any resources, healthcare professionals or experts referenced on the SITE, nor the SITE itself, are dispensing medical advice and we do not intend any of this information to be used for self-diagnosis or treatment. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR SYMPTOMS, ANY PHYSICAL CONDITION OR YOUR HEALTH IN GENERAL, AND BEFORE CHANGING YOUR DIET, STARTING OR STOPPING ANY TREATMENT OR ACTING UPON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER REGARDING YOUR OWN, SPECIFIC CONDITION AND HEALTH CARE CIRCUMSTANCES. The COMPANY specifically disclaims responsibility for any health condition, suffering, damage or injury which may result, directly or indirectly, from any action taken or not taken based in whole or in part on, or any reliance by any person on, any content or information set forth on the SITE in any instance or in any specific circumstance, at any time.
PROCESS FOR REGISTRATION ON THE SITE TO
RECEIVE OFFERED INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND PRODUCT SAMPLES. From time
to time various articles, information, reports, and materials ("Offered
Materials") may be offered through the SITE and SERVICE. Receipt of any such
Offered Materials is entirely voluntary, but to receive any such Offered
Materials you may be required to register, providing certain PERSONAL
INFORMATION such as, but not limited to, your name, resident address, phone
number, and email address. In providing any such PERSONAL INFORMATION, you agree
to provide only information which is accurate, current and complete.
PROCESS FOR PLACING PRODUCT ORDERS ON THE
SITE. You may purchase products from this SITE by selecting products,
placing them in your shopping cart, and following the procedures specified for
account registration, check-out and payment. You will have the opportunity to
identify and correct input errors prior to placing your final order for the
products. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information
about yourself when you register or order products from us, and to promptly
update such information to ensure that it remains true, accurate, current and
complete. You will be responsible for any product, quantity, shipping address or
other errors you make in connection with the placement of orders on the SITE.
ACCEPTANCE, CANCELLATION AND DELIVERY OF
PRODUCT ORDERS. Any promotions conducted on the SITE are invitations
for orders, and are not offers to sell. Your properly-completed and delivered
order constitutes your offer to purchase the products referenced in your order.
Your order shall be deemed to be accepted only if and when we send an e-mail to
your e-mail address confirming receipt and acceptance. You may not cancel or
change an order after you have placed it. Delivery of products is generally
within 3-7 business days of our order confirmation email.
RETURN AND REFUND. Once an order has been delivered, we
do not accept the return of any product included in the order, with the
- a product that was damaged in shipment or otherwise
arrived to you in damaged condition; or
- a product that had a defect or quality issue at the time of delivery.
In the event of either of these occurrences, you must
notify COMPANY within 14 days from the date your item was delivered via an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of
the damaged and/or faulty product. Upon our confirmation of the issue,
instructions will be provided and a refund will be provided to you. Replacement
products will not automatically be provided and it is your responsibility to
generate another order if you want to repurchase the same product.
FEES, CHARGES AND TAXES; AVAILABILITY; PRICES;
MISPRINTS AND ERRORS. All assessed fees, taxes and charges relating to
product orders will be at the rates in effect at the time the charges are
incurred. Charges incurred for shipping will be assessed as of the time of
shipment by or on behalf of COMPANY, its licensors, vendors or suppliers. You
are responsible for paying all fees, charges and applicable taxes associated
with your use of the SERVICE as well as any purchases made by you. All shipping
charges and applicable taxes will be itemized on the purchase invoice. All
amounts appearing on the SITE are quoted in US dollars.
If your provided credit card or other method of payment does not clear, the order is not generated. The order will not be shipped until payment has been approved and cleared. COMPANY itself does not receive, hold or store your credit card, PayPal or other payment information. We have undertaken to ensure that the applicable third party will only use your payment information in connection with processing your orders. The purchase price and other applicable charges and taxes will be billed in advance of the delivery of the products.
COMPANY endeavors to provide current and accurate information on the SITE. Nevertheless, misprints or other errors may occur. Accordingly, COMPANY reserves the right to change the prices, fees and charges associated with the products available through the SERVICE, at any time and from time to time without any notice to you or to any other person. Also, due to the popularity of some products, COMPANY cannot guarantee that products advertised on the SITE will be available when ordered or thereafter. COMPANY also reserves the right at any time to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order. If you order products for which the price was incorrectly displayed at the time of your order, COMPANY will provide you with an opportunity to cancel your order. If you order products that are not available, COMPANY will notify you by e-mail to your provided email address.
TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT AND THE
SERVICE: COMPANY may, in its sole discretion, change, suspend, or
terminate, temporarily or permanently, the SERVICE or any part of it at any
time, for any reason, without any notice to you or to any other person. COMPANY
may at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, and in its sole
discretion, immediately suspend or terminate (in whole or in part) your access
to the SITE or SERVICE or bar you from any future use of the SERVICE; upon
notice to you. In addition, if you breach any provision of the Agreement, then
you may no longer use the SERVICE.
If the Agreement is terminated by you or by COMPANY for any reason, then the Agreement will continue to apply and be binding upon you regarding your prior orders and prior use of the SERVICE.
DISCLAIMER; LIABILITY EXCLUSION; LIABILITY
LIMITATION; RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: COMPANY strives to make your use of
the SERVICE a useful and enjoyable experience. Nevertheless, COMPANY and its
licensors, vendors, suppliers and SERVICE providers, do not accept any liability
for your use of the SERVICE, and you understand and agree that you assume all
risk of the use of the SITE and the SERVICE by you and by any person using an
account registered to you. For that reason, the following provisions apply to
your use of the SITE and SERVICE:
DISCLAIMER: YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND
SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY DATA, ARTICLES, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OFFERED MATERIALS
SUBMITTED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE AND SERVICE, IS AT
YOUR OWN RISK. ANY GENERAL HEALTH INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SITE IS
NOT INTENDED TO BE USED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR TREATMENT PURPOSES. PLEASE CONSULT
YOUR DOCTOR OR FAMILY MEMBER'S DOCTOR FOR MEDICAL ADVICE RELATING TO YOUR
USE OF THE SERVICES REQUIRES A COMPATIBLE DEVICE SUCH AS AN IPAD, IPOD TOUCH OR IPHONE, LAPTOP, DESK TOP COMPUTER, OR SIMILAR DEVICE, AND INTERNET ACCESS, AND MAY REQUIRE OBTAINING UPDATES OR UPGRADES FROM TIME TO TIME. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVISIONING, CONFIGURING AND MAINTAINING ALL DEVICES, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE THAT YOU MAY USE OR ALLOW OTHERS TO USE IN CONNECTION WITH ACCESSING THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IPAD, TABLET, INTERNET SERVICE AND RELATED EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE. BECAUSE USE OF THE SERVICES INVOLVES HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND INTERNET ACCESS, YOUR ABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES MAY BE AFFECTED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE FACTORS. YOU AGREE THAT SUCH REQUIREMENTS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
THE OPERATION OF THE SITE AND SERVICE MAY BE AFFECTED BY NUMEROUS FACTORS
BEYOND COMPANY'S CONTROL. THE OPERATION OF THE SITE AND SERVICE MAY NOT BE
CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ENTIRELY SECURE. COMPANY (INCLUDING ITS
AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS), IS NOT
LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR
RELATED TO ANY DATA, ARTICLES, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OFFERED MATERIALS OR
ANY MISPRINTS OR ERRORS ON THE SITE, OR FOR THE UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT
YOU ORDER, ANY DELAY IN THE AVAILABILITY OR SHIPPING OF PRODUCTS, OR ANY
CHANGES IN THE PRICE OF PRODUCTS.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, OR DURABILITY, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY COMPANY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES SPECIFICALLY TO ALL SITE CONTENT, AND NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY IS MADE WHATSOEVER RESPECTING ANY DATA, ARTICLES, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OFFERED MATERIALS APPEARING ON THE SITE AT ANY TIME. NOTE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CERTAIN LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DI
- THE SITE OR SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR IPAD, TABLET, COMPUTER, PERIPHERALS, AND RELATED EQUIPMENT, PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE;
- THE SITE OR SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR WILL BE FREE OF ERRORS OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED;
- THE SITE OR SERVICE, ANY DATA, ARTICLES, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OFFERED MATERIALS SUBMITTED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE AND SERVICE, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF SUCH, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, OR AUTHENTIC;
- COMPANY WILL MONITOR THE SITE OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF;
- THE QUALITY OF THE SITE, ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, SERVICE OR OTHER ITEMS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL NECESSARILY MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS;
- THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE BROWSING AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT FROM THE SITE, WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, WORMS OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE OR DISRUPTIVE COMPONENTS OR BUGS;
- THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE DOWNLOADING AND REPRODUCTION OF CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE SERVICE, WILL NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON;
COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY REGARDING SUCH MATTERS TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
LIABILITY EXCLUSION: NEITHER COMPANY
NOR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS, SUPPLIERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, WILL
UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OF
USE, LOSS OF PRODUCTION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, SALES, INCOME, OR PROFITS
(ANTICIPATED OR OTHERWISE), LOSS OF MARKETS, ECONOMIC LOSS, OVERHEAD OR
ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES, OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY
SPECIAL,INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES
(ALL OF THE ABOVE, "CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES"), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER
ANY OTHER THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY, ARISING FROM, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR RELATING
TO THE USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE BY YOU, BY ANY PERSON USING AN ACCOUNT
REGISTERED TO YOU, OR BY ANY OTHER PERSON, AND REGARDLESS OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OR
OTHER FAULT OR WRONGDOING BY COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS,
SUPPLIERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS,OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR WHOM COMPANY MAY BE
RESPONSIBLE, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THAT COMPANY OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES
MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BEING
INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
LIABILITY LIMITATION: WITHOUT
LIMITING THE FORGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS,
VENDORS, SUPPLIERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, EVER BE LIABLE TO YOU, TO ANY PERSON
USING AN ACCOUNT REGISTERED TO YOU, OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON, FOR ANY CLAIMS,
ACTIONS, DEMANDS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, INJURIES, DAMAGES,
LOSSES, OR COSTS (COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS AND DAMAGES”), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT
OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY, REGARDLESS OF ANY CLAIMED NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHER FAULT OR WRONGDOING, IN EXCESS OF, AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF COMPANY
AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS, SUPPLIERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND YOUR
EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES STEMMING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE
OR SERVICE SHALL NOT EXCEED U.S. $2.00, OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO COMPANY FOR
THE USE OF THE SITE EXCLUSIVE OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED, WHICHEVER IS LESS.
RELEASE: YOU HEREBY RELEASE, REMISE
AND FOREVER DISCHARGE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS, SUPPLIERS OR
SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND
EMPLOYEES, AND ALL OTHER RELATED, ASSOCIATED, OR CONNECTED PERSONS FROM ANY AND
ALL MANNER OF RIGHTS, CLAIMS, COMPLAINTS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION,
PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, LEGAL FEES, COSTS, AND DISBURSEMENTS OF
ANY NATURE AND KIND WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER ARISING, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN,
WHICH NOW OR HEREAFTER EXIST, WHICH ARISE FROM, RELATE TO, OR ARE CONNECTED WITH
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICE.
ADVICE AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY COMPANY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, WILL NOT CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR VARY OR AMEND THE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY EXCLUSIONS, LIABILITY LIMITATIONS, RELEASE, AND/OR INDEMNITY PROVISIONS, AND YOU MAY NOT RELY UPON ANY SUCH ADVICE OR INFORMATION.
COMPANY and the SERVICE providers do not collect, use, or disclose your PERSONAL
INFORMATION without your prior consent and knowledge except in accordance with
By accepting the Agreement, and each time that you access or use the SITE and/or
SERVICE, you consent to COMPANY's collection, use and disclosure of your
notice or any liability to you or to any other person.
You agree that COMPANY may collect and use technical data and related information-including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals-that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other SERVICES to you (if any) related to the SITE. COMPANY may use this information to improve its products or to provide SERVICES or technologies to you or enhance your experience with the SITE. You also consent to COMPANY'S elective monitoring, screening, tracking and policing your use of the SERVICE and the SITE, without any notice or any liability to you or any other person. COMPANY is not under any obligation to engage in such monitoring, screening or policing, but may do so as it considers appropriate in its sole discretion, without notice to you or any other person. You agree that COMPANY or its licensors, vendors, suppliers or SERVICE providers, may contact you directly by email or other contact information you provided through use of the SITE.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
The Agreement, your use of the SITE and SERVICE, all activities or transactions
conducted through the SITE and SERVICE, and all related matters are governed
solely by the laws of the state of New Jersey, USA, excluding any rules of
private international law or the conflict of laws which may lead to the
application of any other laws. Any dispute between COMPANY and you or any other
person arising from, in connection with or relating to the SITE, the SERVICE,
the Agreement, any transaction through the SITE or any related matters is
subject to the following dispute resolution provisions, and you hereby
irrevocably agree to submit to the original, personal and exclusive jurisdiction
of the courts within the state of New Jersey for such purposes.
Any claim or cause of action that you may have arising from, in connection with, or relating to your use of the SITE, the SERVICE, the Agreement, any transaction through the SITE, or any related matters must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, after which time the claim or cause of action is forever barred, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary.
You shall first contact us at email@example.com regarding any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or any breach thereof, or the use of the SERVICES (except such claims or controversies for which injunctive relief is available), if such claim or controversy cannot be resolved by mediation within 30 days. Such unresolved claim or controversy shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules including the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules"), and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The AAA Rules are available online at adr.org. You agree that, by accepting these Terms and Conditions of Use, you and COMPANY are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms and Conditions of Use evidence a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision.
Unless you and COMPANY agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county in New Jersey of COMPANY's headquarters location. If the claim or controversy is for $5,000 or less, COMPANY agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator(s), through a telephonic hearing or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If the claim or controversy exceeds $5,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the award of the arbitrator(s) shall be accompanied by a statement of the reasons upon which the award is based.
OWNERSHIP AND USE OF THE SITE AND ITS
CONTENT: The SITE and all of its content, as it exists from time to
time, including content, data, photographs, videos and images (other than those
submitted by you), graphics, layout and design, website code, animation, icons,
software, and other elements, are owned or licensed by COMPANY. The SITE and all
of its content are protected by domestic and international copyright, trademark,
and other laws. Without limiting the above, the entire content of the SITE is,
under domestic and international copyright laws, a collective work owned by
COMPANY. Your use of the SITE and its content does not transfer to you any
ownership or other rights in the SITE or its content. You may download content
for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided all copyright and other
proprietary notices are kept intact.
The trademarks, logos, characters and SERVICE marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the SITE are registered or unregistered trademarks of COMPANY. Nothing contained in this SITE should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of COMPANY. Your use of the Trademarks and contents of the SITE, except as provided in this Agreement, is strictly prohibited.
The SITE and its content may not be used for any purpose not expressly permitted by the Agreement. In particular, except as expressly stated otherwise in the Agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy, the SERVICE and the content on the SITE may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, mirrored, framed, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, crawled, indexed, catalogued, or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of COMPANY. You specifically agree not to copy, reproduce, duplicate, stream, capture, access through technology or means other than those provided on the SITE and expressly permitted hereunder, perform, transfer, sell, resell, download, upload, archive, license to others, edit, modify, manipulate, create derivative works from or based upon (including, without limitation, mash-ups, montages, wallpapers, ringtones, or merchandise), publish, republish, post, transmit, publicly display, frame, link from or to, distribute, share, embed, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, translate, incorporate into any hardware or software application, use for commercial purposes, or otherwise use or exploit the SITE or any component part thereof. Any of the unauthorized uses referred to above would constitute an infringement of the copyrights and other proprietary rights of COMPANY, its affiliates, and/or their licensors and a violation of the Agreement, and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability under applicable laws.
DMCA PROCEDURE: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of
1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that
material, images or content appearing on the Internet infringes their rights
under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any material,
image, or content hosted by the SITE infringes your copyright, then you (or
your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the applicable material,
image, or content be removed, or access to it blocked. Note that by submitting
this notice, you acknowledge and agree that COMPANY may forward your notice
and any related communications to any third party from which we may have
sourced the allegedly infringing content.
Your infringement notice may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , and must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the SITE are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material, image, or content that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow COMPANY to locate the material on the SITE;
- the name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material, image, or content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
There can be penalties for making false claims under the
PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMISSIONS: As
referenced above, all PERSONAL INFORMATION that you provide through the SERVICE,
including your name and email address, payment information (PayPal information,
credit card numbers, expiration date and the like), and shipping and
transaction-related information must be true, accurate, current and complete.
Because COMPANY will rely on the information that you provide, you will be
responsible for any and all loss, damage, or additional costs that you, COMPANY
or others may incur as a result of your submission of any false, incorrect or
incomplete PERSONAL INFORMATION. Because we cannot guarantee that the SITE or
our internal database or systems are entirely secure, you acknowledge that you
are providing any such PERSONAL INFORMATION at your own risk.
ADVERTISEMENTS OR PROMOTIONS : The SITE may display advertisements or promotions in connection with the SERVICE. The manner, mode and extent of the advertising or promotion will be determined by COMPANY in its sole discretion, and is subject to change at any time and without any notice or any liability to you or to any other person.
SITE LINKING AND LINKS: You may not
create links to or from the SITE. Any links to the SITE or its content without
the express permission of COMPANY are strictly prohibited. Also, you may not use
the COMPANY name or any of the Trademarks or otherwise indicate, suggest or
imply that COMPANY endorses you or has a direct relationship with you without
the COMPANY's prior written consent.
This SITE may contain links to other websites. COMPANY is not responsible for the content of any of the websites or for on-going review of other websites. The inclusion of any link to the third party websites does not imply endorsement by COMPANY. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk.
NOTICES: Notices or communications to
COMPANY in connection with the Agreement must be in writing and must be
submitted to COMPANY by email to email@example.com.
MISCELLANEOUS: If any provision of
the Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable,
then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of the Agreement
and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining
provisions. COMPANY reserves the right to change, amend or supplement these
terms and conditions, at any time and from time to time without any notice to
you or to any other person.
No waiver, express or implied, by either party of any breach of or default under the Agreement will constitute a continuing waiver of such breach or default or be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The Agreement, as amended from time to time by COMPANY, constitutes the entire agreement between you and COMPANY relating to your use of the SERVICE and supersedes all previous agreements, written, oral or otherwise, between you and COMPANY with respect to your use of the SITE and/or SERVICE.
The provisions of the Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon COMPANY and its respective successors and assigns, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors and personal representatives. The Agreement will also inure to the benefit of COMPANY, its licensors, vendors, suppliers or SERVICE providers (and intended third party beneficiaries); provided however that this Agreement is not binding upon and does not impose obligations on such licensors, vendors, suppliers or SERVICE providers or beneficiaries. You may not assign the Agreement or your rights and obligations under the Agreement without the express prior written consent of COMPANY, which may be withheld at COMPANY's sole discretion. COMPANY may assign the Agreement and its respective rights and obligations under the Agreement without your consent.
Any rights not expressly granted or disclaimed by the Agreement are expressly reserved to COMPANY.
Policy last updated: January, 2024
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
PLEASE READ THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, WHICH IS APPLICABLE BETWEEN YOU AND DR. SCHAR USA, INC. ("COMPANY", "WE", OR "US") CAREFULLY.
Note that capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Suspected violations of this Policy may be reported by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAWFUL USE: Your use of the SITE and
SERVICE must be lawful and must comply with all applicable domestic and foreign
laws, regulations, rules, policies, treaties and tariffs, whether civil,
criminal or otherwise. Access to the SITE from locations where the SITE and/or
SERVICE may be illegal is prohibited.
NON-COMMERCIAL USE: The SITE, SERVICE
and any products ordered may be used by you only for personal, non-commercial
purposes and must not be used in connection with any commercial activities,
- selling or offering to sell any products, including without limitation, reselling the SERVICE, products obtained from the SERVICE or any Offered Materials;
- soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
- conducting contests, gaming or gambling or offering prizes, awards or any other incentives to SITE users or utilizing the Offered Materials;
- displaying advertising or sponsorship banners, including those generated by banner or link exchange services;
- soliciting for donations; or
- use of unauthorized or unsolicited junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
SECURITY AND PERFORMANCE: The SITE and
SERVICE must not be used by you with any action, device, software or routine
which could directly or indirectly interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the
proper working of the SITE and SERVICE, or impose an unreasonable or
disproportionately large load or burden on the system or its infrastructure.
THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS: Your use of the
SITE and SERVICE (including any products obtained through the SITE) must not
infringe the legal rights of any other person (including civil, privacy and
personality rights, copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, moral rights,
and other proprietary rights).
NO DATA COLLECTION: Your use of the
SITE and SERVICE must not involve any data matching, e-mail harvesting, Web
crawling, or data mining whatsoever, including without limitation the collection
and/or use of information about other SITE or SERVICE users without their
express, prior consent.
USE GUIDELINES - PROHIBITED USES: The
following is a non-exhaustive list of prohibited uses of the SITE and/or
SERVICE. COMPANY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine
whether any use by you of the SITE or SERVICE is prohibited or otherwise
violates this Policy:
- Uses that may violate the General Use Rules set forth within this Acceptable Use Policy;
- Uses that may be unlawful, indecent, offensive, defamatory, derogatory, fraudulent, deceptive, harmful, abusive, threatening, vulgar, profane, pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, sexist, racist, hateful, offensive, harassing, invasive of the privacy rights of others, harmful to minors, abusive, intimidating, or otherwise objectionable. This prohibition extends to any activities or public uses of SITE data, articles, content, information or Offered Materials that depict, encourage, indicate, advocate or tend to incite any such conduct;
- Uses that may promote, encourage, indicate, advocate or tend to incite the commission of a crime or other unlawful activities, violence, hatred, cruelty or discrimination against any individuals or groups, for any reason, or any act of cruelty to animals;
- Uses that may dilute or tarnish the name and reputation of COMPANY and its affiliates or associates;
- Uses that modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse-engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the SITE, our software code which underlies or is offered on the SITE, or uses that delete, obscure or modify any proprietary notice contained on the SITE;
- Uses that frame or mirror any part of the SITE without COMPANY's prior written authorization;
- Uses that interfere with the use and enjoyment of the SERVICE by third parties, or of the Internet generally;
- Uses that may damage, disrupt, compromise or degrade
the integrity, efficiency, performance or security of the SERVICE or that may
otherwise result in:
- the circumvention or breach of any user authentication, security or control measures regarding the SERVICE or any other Internet resource or computer system; or
- unauthorized access to third party PERSONAL or interference with a third party's use and enjoyment of the SERVICE;
- Uses that conceal or misrepresent the author or origin of any message or communication, or that impersonate any person, or that falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any other person, including without limitation any COMPANY representative;
- Uses that contain, hyperlink to or otherwise disclose images of any person or private information about any person (such as names, telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, social security numbers, etc.) without that person's permission;
- The uploading, posting or transmission to the SERVICE of any of the following materials, whether posted publicly or with password protection, whether or not as part of PERSONAL INFORMATION, whether directly or indirectly or intentionally or unintentionally:
- materials that contain links to other websites or Internet resources;
- executable programs or audio and video recordings;
- materials that contain or involve the use of computer viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, keyloggers, adware, malware, or other malicious or destructive computer code that may damage, harm, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate, interrupt, limit the functionality of, or otherwise adversely affect the SERVICE or any other computer system, hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, data, or personal information; and
- materials that are encypted.
- Uses of bots, spiders, offline readers or other automated systems to access or use the SITE in a manner that sends more request messages to the SITE's servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional Web browser;
- Uses to adversely affect or reflect negatively upon or harm the goodwill or reputation of the COMPANY or any of its affiliates, or the SITE, or any of the content running or being promoted on the SITE.
MONITORING AND COMPLAINTS: COMPANY is
not obliged to monitor, screen, police or edit the use of the SERVICE, including
submission of PERSONAL INFORMATION to the SITE, although COMPANY reserves the
right to do so in its sole discretion and without any notice or liability to you
or any other person.
COMPANY will respond as it considers appropriate, in its sole discretion, if it becomes aware of any inappropriate uses of the SERVICE, including uses that constitute copyright infringement. You may report violations of this Policy by email to email@example.com.
COMPLIANCE, CONSEQUENCES, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
- COMPANY may in its sole discretion determine whether this Policy has been violated. Policy violations constitute a breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use for the SITE and may, in the sole discretion of COMPANY, result in:
- a. termination or suspension of permission to use the SERVICE and SITE;
- b. restricted access to any Offered Material or PERSONAL INFORMATION you previously posted to the SERVICE;
- c. removal and permanent deletion and destruction of Offered Material or PERSONAL INFORMATION submitted to the SERVICE; and
- d. other consequences; all without any notice to you or any other person, and without any liability incurred by us to you.
- SERVICE users who violate this Policy may incur criminal or civil liability. You acknowledge that it is COMPANY's policy to cooperate with law enforcement agencies who may initiate investigations into illegal or improper activities relating to the SERVICE. Alternately, COMPANY may in its sole discretion report perceived violations of applicable law to law enforcement authorities. COMPANY will cooperate fully with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected unlawful conduct, including providing SITE Users' personal information (including account information and payment information), SERVICE users' personal information, and copies of MATERIALS used in connection with the SERVICE, including MATERIALS posted to the SERVICE.
- COMPANY's failure to enforce this Policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any preceding or subsequent violation of this Policy.
Last update: January 23, 2024